Build Your Own Scoreboard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration?

3 posters

Go down

Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration? Empty Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration?

Post by wcc-dave Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I'd like to say thank you all for this awesome resource. I've built my CC scoreboard using the site and forum and it's been an amazing journey.
I'll try and get a build journey post up in the near future.

Secondly, as my post title suggests, I've built my scoreboard with a Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1.2. I got this from Ebay to initially provide a PoC to the club.
Now I'm looking to try and get the Play Cricket Scorer App to work with Bluetooth to automatically update the board.
If I add a Bluetooth Dongle to the Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1.2 will that work with the Play Cricket Scorer App does anybody know?

Thanks

wcc-dave

Back to top Go down

Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration? Empty Re: Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration?

Post by targett2023 Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:23 pm

Greetings. Sorry about the delay. The issue with dongles is the issue with using any piece of hardware with linux - whether there is a driver available. I'm afraid the only option is to buy a few, and find one which works. By that, I mean, that linux will come packaged with a fair amount of drivers, so the easiest thing is to find a dongle which simply works (is plug and play basically) with the packaged drivers. I would search on Amazon, and then search the reviews for someone who confirms it works on linux. Even if the manufacturers say they only officially support windows, it doesn't mean it won't work on linux - it just depends whether someone has written and packaged the driver for linux.

targett2023

Back to top Go down

Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration? Empty Re: Raspeberry PI 2 with bluetooth dongle possible for Play Cricket App integration?

Post by wcc-dave Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:07 am

Thank you for the reply. In then end we stumped up for a newer better spec Pi and all was well. I did get a dongle working on the old Pi 2 but it was a bit hit and miss.

wcc-dave

Back to top Go down

Post by krisnu Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 am

Hi, did too but it temperamental most time.. I can see scoring app but it doesn’t connect. Some day it will connect.

krisnu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down